Situated near the small village of Llanddaniel Fab, not far from the Menai Strait and with a view towards the Snowdonia National Park (on a clear day!), Bryn Celli Ddu has a long and interesting history. It started life around 4000BC in the late Mesolithic consisting of just five post holes (purpose unknown) and then came a henge monument and stone circle of 17 upright stones in the Neolithic at around 3000BC. After a further 1000 years the whole circle was demolished and a passage grave constructed with the inner tomb containing a mysterious upright stone pillar and the passage orientated towards the rising sun of the Summer Solstice. On the outside is another solitary standing stone with a strange zig-zagging piece of artwork on one side.